OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS : THE GODFREY EDITION
For the North West of England
The group for the North West covers the major conurbations
of Manchester and Merseyside, and includes both Cheshire
and Lancashire sheets. The Maps are highly detailed, taken from the 1/2500 plans and
reprinted at about 14 inches to the mile. Most cover an area a mile and a half across, by a mile up.
Information pages included for individual maps; follow the
links where given. Maps can be ordered direct from our On-line Mapshop.
- Large Scale Plans Taken from the five foot plans and reduced to a scale
of a yard to the mile, these maps show parts of Liverpool, Manchester and Stockport in great
detail and represent some of the Ordnance Survey's earliest
large scale plans. Each map covers a small area, but the fine detail has
to be seen to be believed - even the interiors of some public
buildings (eg. churches, theatres) are shown
- Liverpool Large Scale Plans:
- Manchester & Salford Large Scale Plans:
- Stalybridge Large Scale Plans:
- Stockport Large Scale Plans:
- Street indexes are available for the Manchester large scale maps, and for some
of the other central Manchester maps. Go here for details.
- Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
They cost just £ 3.00 each (Coloured Editions £ 3.50). For a full list, return to the Index page.
- You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. They are also available from various
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7PW. Tel 01207 583388
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 3 December 2017