Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Aspull (S):

  • Lancashire Sheet 94.01 Aspull (South) 1928 - published 2011; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-467-5

    This highly detailed map covers the southern part of Aspull, now part of Wigan borough. Coverage stretches from Top Lock northward to the Crawford Pits, and eastward to Gidlow Hall.

    This map shows an industrial area on the verge of decline, for most of the collieries and railways would be closed within a few years. Features include Albion Iron Works, Top Lock and stretch of Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Woodshaw Pit (disused), Bradshaw Hall, Pennington Hall, Gidlow Hall, St Elizabeth's church, LMSR Springs Branch, Highfield Delf, eastern part of New Springs, Marsh House Coke Works (disused), Bent Houses, Duke's Row, Crawford Pits, Simm's Square, Aspull Pumping Pit, Scot Lane Colliery (Nr.4 Pit), mineral railways.

    The map links up with sheets 86.13 Haigh and Aspull to the north, 93.04 Wigan N to the west, 94.05 Kirklees to the south.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Wigan or Bolton maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 26 Sept 2016