Here are the details of maps for Stockport (NW):
We have published three versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1893 version is in colour, taken from the beautiful OS 1st Edition handcoloured map.
These maps (which cover the same area, despite slightly different titles) cover the NW area of Stockport, including much of Heaton Norris and Heaton Moor. Heaton Norris was a large Lancashire township but its eastern section became part of the municipal borough of Stockport in 1835, and the rest of the township, including Heaton Moor, was transferred in 1913.
Coverage stretches from Mauldeth Road eastward to Parsonage Street, and from Heaton Moor southward to the railway viaduct across the Mersey. Features include the LNWR railway with Heaton Norris station and junction, Cheshire Lines Railway with George's Road Sidings, Norris Bank, Travis Brook Mill, India Mills, Hope Hill, iron foundry, Christ Church, Whitefield, Bent House Farm, tramways, Norris Bank Works, Norris Hill, Alice Briggs Home, Barnes Home Industrial School, council offices etc. As usual we include extracts from early directories on the reverse.
The map links up with sheets 111.08 Heaton Chapel to the north, 111.11 Didsbury & Heaton Mersey to the west; and 112.09 Stockport North to the east.