Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Hindley Green:

  • Lancashire Sheet 94.14 Hindley Green 1906 - published 2010; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-352-4

    This detailed map covers much of Hindley Green, with coverage stretching from the Atherton Road southward to Tamer Lane End, and from Bickershaw Hall Farm eastward to Pickley Green.

    Features include railway with Hindley Green station, Springs Pit, Engine Pit, Hindley Green Hall, St James & St Elizabeth church at Bickershaw, St John's church, St Paul's church at Pickley Green, part of Westleigh (in bottom right corner), Tamer Lane End, Dangerous Corner, mineral lines, Carr Common Colliery, old shafts, Stonehouse Colliery. On the reverse we include a 1918 Hindley Green directory.

    The map links up with Lancashire sheets 94.10 Hindley Green (N) to the north, 94.13 Platt Bridge to the west, 94.15 Atherton SW to the east and 102.02 Westleigh to the south.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Wigan or Bolton maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 26 Sept 2016