Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Eccles:

  • Lancs 103.08a Eccles 1888 - published 2015; intro by Chris Makepeace. ISBN.978-1-84784-900-7
  • Lancs 103.08b Eccles 1905 - published 2003; intro by Chris Makepeace. ISBN.978-1-84151-570-0
  • Lancs 103.08c Eccles 1937 - published 2015; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-934-2

    We have published three versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.

    The town centre is in the SW corner of the map and coverage stretches east to Weaste Lane and northward to Cholmondeley Road. Features include Salford football ground, Ladywell Sanatorium, Salford Union Infirmary, Little Bolton, Victoria Church, tramways, Hope Hall, Weaste Hall, Hart Hill, St James chuch, LNWR railway with Eccles station and section of Docks Branch, Eccles Mill, quilt manufactory, St Mary's church, St Andrew's church, Market Place, Town Hall, Ellesmere Park, etc. On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries.

    The map links up with Lancashire sheets 103.04 Swinton Park to the west, 103.07 Patricroft to the west, 104.05 Salford West to the east and 103.12 Trafford Park to the south.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Trafford or Salford areamaps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 2 November 2015