Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Patricroft:

  • Lancashire Sheet 103.07 Patricroft & Monton 1905 - published 2006; intro by Chris Makepeace. ISBN.978-1-84151-945-6

    This detailed map covers the Patricroft area, formerly part of the borough of Eccles. The map covers Patricroft itself, stretches nporth to Monton and Monton Green, and west to Winton and Alder Forest. Features include the engine sheds and sidings at Patricroft (which was one of the last steam sheds to close), Bridgewater Foundry, Magnesium Metal Works, Barton on Irwell Workhouse, Ellesmere Iron Foundry, British Pluviusin Works, Patricroft and Monton Green stations, Bridgewater Canal, Monton Dye Works, tramways, Parrin Lane, Worsley Road, Monton Unitarian Chapel. The Grange is at the western extremity. On the reverse we include street directory entries for Monton Green, Monton Road and Parrin Lane.

    The map links up with Lancashire sheets 103.02 Worsley Hall to the west, 103.03 Worsley to the north, 103.08 Eccles to the east and 103.11 Barton on Irwell to the south.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Trafford or Salford areamaps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 1 Feb 2011