Here are the details of maps for Barton on Irwell.
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. Each covers Barton upon Irwell itself, with coverage extending southward to Bromyhurst and Dumplington, westward to the cemetery and northward to Patricroft Bridge. The River Irwell runs through the map, and is crossed by the Bridgewater Canal. Features include St Catherine's church, All Saints RC church, Barton Bridge, Mee's Farm, Victoria Mills, Springfield Mills, Nassau Mills, Grapes Inn, wharfs, Barton Old Hall site, Barton New Hall, Salteye Orchards, Peel Green etc.
On the reverse of the 1888 map we include an extract from the 1845 OS Six Inch to the Mile map, covering the area around Eccles, Patricroft, Trafford Hall and Barton upon Irwell.
This map links up with Sheets 103.07 Patricroft to the north, 103.12 Trafford Pk to the east and 103.15 Davyhulme to the south.