Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Liverpool SE:

  • Lancashire Sheet 113.04 Allerton 1905 - published 1990; intro by Kay Parrott. ISBN.978-0-85054-545-6

    This detailed map covers the Allerton Road area, on the SE side of Liverpool, plus the southern part of Wavertree. Coverage stretches from Greenbank Road eastward to Hornby Lane, and from Dunbabin Road southward to Elmsley Road. The western half of the map shows suburban streets developing, further east the area is more rural but with numerous villas in leafy grounds. Features include Holy Trinity church, trams and depot, Richmond Lodge, Blue Coat Hospital, quarries, LNWR railway with Sefton Park station, Penketh Hall, Mossley House, brick works, Allerton Road Farm, All Hallows church, Hart Hill, Dunbabin Farm, Calderstone, Bishop Eton monastery, Liverpool Polo Ground, Stand Park, etc. On the reverse we include street directory entries for Crawford Avenue, Nicander Road, Penny Lane Wavertree, Smithdown Road.

    This map links up with sheet 106.16 Wavertree to the north, 113.03 Princes Park to the west, 114.01 Gateacre to the east and 113.08 Mossley Hill to the south.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Liverpool or Southport & West Lancs maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 12 April 2016