Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Bolton & District

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Bradshaw:

  • Lancashire Sheet 87.06 Bradshaw 1908 - published 2000; intro by Paul Hindle. ISBN.978-1-84151-143-6

    This detailed map covers the straggling village of Bradshaw, just north of Bolton. Coverage stretches from The Oaks eastward to Hardy Mill, and from Bradshaw Works southward to Harwood Vale Bleach Works. Other features include the Bolton-Bury railway with The Oaks station, Bradshaw Chapel, St Maxentius church, Scope Hole Lane, trams and depot, Ruins, Ashworth Terrace, Hardy Mill Quarries, Harwood Lee, Side of the Moor, and numerous farms across what was still a semi-rural landscape, with just ribbon development along Bradshaw Brow, Turton Road and Lee Gate Lane. On the reverse we include a transcription of a Bradshaw directory.

    The map links up with Lancashire Sheets 87.10 Bolton NE to the south.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Bolton maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 27 July 2016