Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Wigan MBC
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for south Standish:
Lancashire Sheet 85.15 Standish (Boar's Head) 1907 - published 2011; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-486-6
This highly detailed map covers the south part of Standish, with coverage stretching southward to Elmfield Road.
Features include Standish Hall, Standish Park, Strickland House, Prospect House, Ashfield House, Limes Farm, tramway, Prospect Pits with mineral railway, Swire Pits (disused),
LNWR railway, Victoria Colliery, Thorn Hill, Boar's Head inn, Boar's Head station and junction, etc. On the reverse we include an 1897 timetable for the Wigan-Blackburn line.
The map links up with sheet 85.11 Standish to the north, 85.16 Haigh Hall to the east, 93.03 Wigan NW to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Wigan or Bolton maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 4 March 2018