Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Blackpool (South):
Lancashire Sheet 58.04 Blackpool (South) 1909 - published 1999; intro by Martin Ramsbottom. ISBN.978-1-84151-081-1
This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage and includes both sheets 58.04 and 58.08. The northernmost map, sheet 58.04, covers the South Shore area from
Waterloo Road southward to Harrow Side Lane and Highfield Road, and eastward to Middle Lane. Features include the South Pier, Waterloo Road station (on Kirkham & Blackpool line),
Lytham Road station, tramways, Star Inn, Arnold House. Several streets south of Balmoral Road are only partly built up. The backing map, sheet 58.08, continues coverage south,
and is largely undeveloped. Features here include tramway and tram depot, Layton Hawes Farm, Stony Hill, Starr Hills.
The map links up with sheets 50.16 Blackpool Central Pier to the north.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Blackpool maps or here for links to other Lancashire titles.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the North West, go to the North West page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 17 January 2018