Here are the details of maps for Longsight & Victoria Park:
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. Both maps cover the same area, from Lloyd Street eastward to Longsight engine shed, and from Brunswick Street southward to Dickenson Road.
Victoria Park was developed by the Victoria Park Company from 1836 on 146 acres, with houses "of respectable appearance and condition, with gardens and pleasure ground attached". By the time of the 1915 map the area was largely built up. Features then include Victoria University, Whitworth Park, Art Gallery, Royal Infirmary, part of Rusholme, Victoria Park area, St Chrysostom's church, St Mary's Hospital, tramways, Holy Name RC church, eastern part of Greenheys, St Joseph's Boys and Girls Industrial Schools, St John's church, Longsight Carriage Sheds, etc.
The 1915 map includes a selection of street directory extracts, incl Anson Road, Birch Lane, Denison Road, Denmark Road, Chorlton on Medlock High Street, York Place.
The map links up with sheets 104.11 Manchester SE to the north, 104.14 Moss Side to the west, 104.16 Gorton to the east and 111.03 Fallowfield to the south.