Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Tyldesley:

  • Lancashire Sheet 94.16 Tyldesley & Atherton (SE) 1905 - published 2003; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84151-593-9

    This highly detailed map covers most of the town of Tyldesley, with a portion of Atherton in the NW corner. Features in Tyldesley include railway with station, St George's Bank Colliery, St George's church, Barnfield Cotton Mills, Yew Tee Colliery, Green's Siding, Shakerley Colliery (Wellington Pit and Nelson Pit), Eckersley Farm, Hope Cotton Mill, Field Cotton Mill, Fulwell House, Shuttle Street, Westfield Mill, Chanters Colliery, several mineral lines, tramways, Shakerley Road. At Atherton features include St John's church, Unitarian Chapel. A 1918 directory of Tyldesley is included on the reverse.

    The map links up with sheets 94.12 Atherton NE to the north, 94.15 Atherton SW to the west and 95.13 Cleworth Hall to the east.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Wigan or Bolton maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 26 Sept 2016