Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Ulverston:
Lancashire Sheet 16.03 Ulverston 1911 - published 1992; intro by John Marsh. ISBN.978-0-85054-491-6
This detailed map covers the historic town of Ulverston, formerly in "Lancashire over the Water" but now in Cumbria.
Most of the town centre is shown, and coverage extends south to Dragley Beck Bridge, west to Three Bridges, north to Town Bank.
The many features include railway with station, canal basin, Hoad Hill (NE corner), Lightburn Park, St Mary's church, Victoria Grammar School,
Ford Park, Workhouse, Stone Cross, Heaning Wood, Kilners Park, Market Place, Holy Trinity church, Market House, Auction Mart,
County Square etc. We also include extracts from a contemporary street directory.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Furness area or Cumbrian maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 15 January 2018