Here are the details of maps for Leigh (N):
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed acrss the years. The 1892 version is in colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
The maps cover the northern part of Leigh, with coverage extending from Bradshawgate northward to Atherton Hall, and from Findlay Street eastward to Green Lane. Part of the town centre is shown, incl St Mary's church, Town Hall, Market Place, Lord Street, Church Street, Westleigh station (at margin of map), Athletic Ground, Avenue Mill, Leigh & Bedford station, Brook Mill, Leigh Brewery, Brookside Mill, Platfold Mill, Church Fields. Other features include Kirkhall Lane, Victoria Mills, Parsonage, Workhouse, Infirmary, Kirkhall Lane Mills, Atherton Old Hall, Wood End, Atherton Hall, Bedford Colliery, mineral railways, LNWR Bedford Leigh Line, etc. On the reverse we include extracts from an early directory.
The map links up with sheets 94.15 Atherton SW to the north, 102.02 Westleigh to the west, 102.07 Leigh South to the south.