Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Stockton-on-Tees
This is our coverage of the Borough of Stockton. The Borough of Stockton-on-Tees was formed in 1974, a district within the short-lived Cleveland county. In 1996 it
became a unitary authority. It is split between County Durham and Yorkshire.
All maps are available from our On-line Mapshop.
The following titles are all taken from the OS 25" maps and reduced to a scale of approximately 14 inches to the mile.
They are extremely detailed, showing individual houses, details such as railway tracks, pathways,
pubs, factories and even minutiae such as fountains and signal posts. Each covers an area of a mile and a half by one mile, and includes an introduction.
50.08 Norton 1896 - published 2002; introduction by Robert Woodhouse
50.12 Stockton (North) 1899 - published 1994; intro by Robert Woodhouse
50.16 Stockton on Tees & Thornaby 1897 - published 1993; intro by Robert Woodhouse
51.05 Billingham (South) 1939 - published 2007; intro by Alan Godfrey
These Yorkshire maps also include portions of Stockton:
6.10a Middlesbrough (North) 1893 - published 2011; intro by Robert Woodhouse
6.10b Middlesbrough (North) 1913 - published 1989; intro by Alan Godfrey
6.11 Middlesbrough (Cargo Fleet) 1912 - published 2016; intro by Alan Godfrey
The county is also covered in our small scale Inch to the Mile series. These are the principal sheets for the area:
27 Hartlepool & East Durham 1913 with a map of Trimdon village
33 Teesside 1895 with a map of Croft on Tees
For further details visit the One Inch page.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of English maps, return to the England page
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7PW. Tel 01207 583388
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 10 Sept 2016