Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Down
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. They
are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Bangor (East):
Co Down Sheet 2.06 Bangor (East) 1901 - published 1995; intro by Trevor McCavery. ISBN.978-0-85054-778-8
This very detailed map is one of a pair for Bangor and covers the east of the town; coverage extends from Crosby Street and St Comgall's church eastward to Ballyholme and northward to the shore and a large house called Glenganagh.
Features St Comgall's church, Presbyterian church, handkerchief works, Ballymagee Street area, The Big Hole, Royal Ulster Yacht Club House, Victoria Road area, The Tower, Fairview House, Grove Hill, windmill, corn mill, Ballyholme Bridge, Lukes Point. On the
reverse we include directory extracts, including a list of inhabitants, entries H-Y.
The map links up with sheet 2.05 Bangor West to the west.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Co Down maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for Ireland, return to the Ireland page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 14 January 2018