Old Ordnance Survey Maps of the London Borough of Bexley

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Bexleyheath:

  • Kent Sheet 8.04a Bexley Heath 1862 - published 1994; intro by Malcolm Barr-Hamilton. ISBN.978-0-85054-270-7
  • Kent Sheet 8.04b Bexleyheath 1908 - published 2018; intro by Pamela Taylor. ISBN.978-1-78721-196-4

    We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. Note that in the 1860s the town was still called Bexley Heath; the name Bexleyheath came later in the century.

    Coverage extends from Crook Log and Upton Lane eastward to Gravel Hill and a little beyond. Features (taken from the busier 1908 version) include the main Watling Street with individual buildings neatly shown, tramways and depot, Warren Wood, Foresters Asylum, Christ Church, High Elms, Council Offices, Chieveley Lodge, The Mount, Upton area, Red House, Trinity Chapel, cemetery, etc.

    The map links up with Kent Sheets 2.16 Bexleyheath North to the north, 9.01 Crayford to the east, 8.08 Bexley to the south.

  • For other maps in Bexley see our Bexley page.
  • Follow this link for a complete list of our London Series maps or this for a list of the Kent Series maps.
  • You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, go to The Index Page.
  • Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for London, return to the London page
    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 30 November 2018