Old Ordnance Survey Maps of BirminghamThese detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Birmingham (East):
Warwicks Sheet 14.06a Birmingham (East) 1888 - published 2012; intro by Barrie Trinder. ISBN.978-1-84784-589-4
Warwicks Sheet 14.06b Birmingham (East) 1901 - published 2001; intro by Richard Abbott. ISBN.978-1-84151-288-4
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. It covers the eastern side of Birmingham, with coverage stretching from St Andrew's Road eastward to Blakeland Street, and from St Saviour's Road southward to Grange Road. Features include
Bordesley Green area, Little Bromwich, Adderley Park, St Andrew's church, LNWR railway with Adderley Park station, Gloucester Junction, St Andrew's Junction, Britannia Works, Midland Works (carriage and wagon works),
Saltley Training College, Wolseley car works, Union Paper Mill, Little Green Lane area, Saltley Reformatory etc. On the reverse we include extracts from early directories.
The 1888 version is fully coloured, taken from the OS 1st Edition handcoloured map.
The map links up with sheets 14.02 Saltley to the north, 14.05 Central Birmingham to the west, 14.07 Stechford 1902 to the east, 14.10 Small Heath to the south.
For a full list of maps of Warwickshire, please go to the Birmingham page or (for areas outside Birmingham) to the Warwickshire page.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / firstname.lastname@example.org / 18 January 2018