Here are the details of maps for Saltley & Nechells:
We have published three versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the year. The 1886 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
The maps cover the NE area of Birmingham that includes much of Nechells, Saltley and Washwood Heath. Coverage stretches from Bloomsbury Street eastward to Washwood Heath, and from Aston Church Road southward to St Saviour's church and Couchman Road. A major feature is the Saltley Railway Carriage & Wagon Works, which dominates the centre of the map.
Other features include Midland Railway with engine sheds, Saltley station, carriage works; Saltley Gas Works, City Gas Works, Birmingham & Warwick Jct Canal, River Rea, New Charford Works, LNWR Aston & Stechford Line, St Mark's church, St Saviour's church, LNWR Grand Junction line with Vauxhall station and carriage shed, St Joseph's RC church, Saltley Junction, St Anne's church, Nechells Chemical Works, canal reservoir, many cramped terraces and back-to-backs in Vauxhall area etc. We include a selection of street directory entries on the reverse.
The map links up with sheets 8.14 Gravelly Hill to the north, 14.01 Birmingham North to the west, 14.03 Ward End to the east, 14.06 Birmingham East to the south.