Here are the details of maps for central Birmingham:
We have published four versions of this detailed and busy map, covering the heart of Birmingham, showing how the area changed across the years. Coverage stretches from Summer Row eastward to Watery Lane, and from Prospect Row southward to Moseley Street. Market Hall Ward and St Bartholomew's Ward are included.
The many features include New Street station, Snow Hill station, Curzon Street Goods station, tramways, General Hospital, Smithfield Market, Midland Railway Goods Depot, St Philip's church, Old Wharf Basin, Town Hall, Central Library, St Mary's church, St Thomas church, Bordesley station, Warwick & Birmingham Canal, Banbury Street Wharf, Deritend, St Martin's church, St Bartholomew's church, Lawley Street Goods station (at edge of map), St Paul's church, many small factories and workshops (eg Looking Glass Manufactory, Carriage Works, Vinegar Brewery etc), streets packed with terraces, back-to-back houses etc. On the reverse of each map we include extracts from a 1907 street directory.
The 1888 version is Colour-printed, representing the beautiful handcolouring of some 1st Edition OS maps. The 1902-11 map is taken from the interesting Inland Revenue 'Special Edition', basically a 1902 revision with partial revision to 1911.
The map links up with sheets 14.01 Birmingham North to the north, 13.08 Birmingham West to the west, 14.06 Birmingham East to the east and 14.09 Birmingham South to the south.