Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Yorkshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Whitwood:

  • Yorkshire Sheet 234.10 Whitwood 1905 - published 2022; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-78721-530-6

    This detailed map covers the old mining village of Whitwood, plus the western edge of Castleford.

    Features include Whitwood Collieries, St Philip's church, Fairies Hill, Four Lane Ends, All Saints Burial Ground, Mexboro' Arms Hotel, Manor House, Common Row, River Calder, Dock, part of Fairies Hill Cut, and numerous railways: the main York & Normanton line, NER Methley Branch, LYR Methley Branch, Whitwood Junction and several mineral railways. Whitwood Collieries are in the centre of the map with railways branching off in all directions.

    The map links up with sheet 234.10 Castleford South to the east

  • Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Follow this link for a complete list of our Wakefield maps; or here for the whole Yorkshire series.
    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 25 March 2022