Here are the details of maps for Castleford:
This detailed map covers the West Riding town of Castleford, described only as "a large and pleasant village" in an 1838 directory. However, it has an ancient history and the site of the Roman Camp of Legeolium is on the map. Our map covers the centre of the town and the area to the north. The River Aire winds through the map and two significant factories are on its banks: Aire & Calder Chemical Works and Aire & Calder Bottle Works. The Castleford Cut canal is shown with Castleford Locks and Bulholme Lock. Features on the map include Market Hall, several maltkilns, cemetery, Carlton Street, All Saints church, tramways in town centre, Church Street, Bank Street, railways (but not station) including part of Whitwood Branch, Methley Road, Allerton Ings, Ledston Ings, Red Hill Brick Works, Healdfield Brick Works, Castleford Ings, Wheldale Ings, Wheldale Basin and railway siding, Wheldale Collieries, Castleford Bridge, Extracts from a contemporary directory include a list of private residents and the commercial directory A-G.
The map links up with sheet 234.11 Castleford South to the south.