Here are the details of maps for Hindley:
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1892 version is in colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
The maps cover the main part of Hindley, just east of Wigan. Coverage stretches from Walmesley Park (in top left corner) eastward to Chapel Fields and southward to Low Green. The many features include a stretch of the LNWR Lancashire Union line, a stretch of the GCR Wigan Junction Branch incl Hindley & Platt Bridge station and Amberswood East and West Curves, small stretches of LYR lines in top corner, Strangeways Hall Collieries, Strangeways House, Hindley Hall Colliery, Amberswood Common, Moss Hall, Moss Colliery, Riding Mine Colliery, Borsdane Brook, St Peter's church and Hindley town centre, Platt Lane Mill, Worthington Mills, Bleach Works, tramways, Grange Colliery, All Saints church, Grammar Pit, Ladies Lane Sale Yard etc.
The map links up with sheets 94.05 Kirklees to the north, 94.10 Hindley Green (N) to the east, 93.12 Ince in Makerfield to the west, 94.13 Platt Bridge to the south.