Here are the details of maps for Elgin:
This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage.
The main map covers the centre and southern part of the town, with coverage stretching from Elgin Castle ruins eastward to Moycroft and Reiketlane, and from North College Street southward to Main Street, New Elgin. Features include High Street area with buildings neatly delineated, Greyfriars church, railway with station, engine shed, junctions, sidings; New Cemetery, Ashgrove area, part of New Elgin area, Anderson's Institution, South College, Elgin Green Auction Mart, churches, etc.
On the reverse we include a portion of adjacent sheet 7.12 extending coverage northward to include Newmill Manufactory, Lesmurdie, Cooper Park, Bishopmill area, part of Poorhouse (at top of map), Borough Briggs, Cathedral ruins, Lossie Green, Lossiebank Mills.
King David built a castle at Elgin in 1150 and in 1224 it became the site for a cathedral. It developed into a seat of learning and the principal town in Moray; Defoe called it "a very agreeable place to live in". By 1911 the population had risen to 8,250, its growth helped by the railway - the railway station is prominent on this map. The ruins of the castle are just on the left side of the map and we include part of the map to the north, to give coverage of the old cathedral and Bishopmill.