Here are the details of maps for Halifax (North):
We have published three versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The map covers the northern part of Halifax, with coverage stretching from Crown Street and Old Market northward to Booth Town, and from Baines Street and Violet Street eastward to Brierley Hill and Cunnery Wood. Much of the town centre is shown, including Woolshops, Northgate, Wade Street, Town Hall, Cross Field, St John's church, North Bridge Goods station, North Bridge station, New Bank, Beacon Fireclay Works, Claremount, Upper Horley Green with industrial tramway, Akroyd Park with library, All Souls church, several mills and dye works, Dean Clough Mills, tramways, Gibbet Street, Pellon Lane, Lee Mills, Angel Quarry, Pellon Lane Mills, Old Lane Dye Works, Shroggs Park, Akroydon, Lee Mount. Each map also includes a selection of street directory entries.
The 1889 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful OS 1st Edition hand-coloured map.
The map links up with Sheets 231.01 Ovenden Cross to the north, 230.08 Halifax NW to the west, 231.06 Hipperholme to the east, 231.09 Halifax South to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Halifax and Calderdale area maps; or here for the whole Yorkshire series.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 6 Nov 2012