Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Gateshead

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Felling:

  • Tyneside Sheet 24a Felling 1894 - published 1982, 2nd edition 1989; intro by Shaun Addison. ISBN.978-0-85054-268-4
  • Tyneside Sheet 24b Felling 1914 - published 2015; intro by Anthea Lang. ISBN.978-1-84784-875-8

    We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.

    Features include Felling town centre, with individual buildings neatly shown; railway with Felling station, Felling Colliery John Pit, Low Felling, High Felling, Northern Machine Tool Works with railway connection, Crowhall Quarry, Felling Shore Brickworks, tramways, Christ Church, St Patrick's RC church, disused Felling and Carr Hill quarries, Carr Hill area, Deckham Place, Jubilee Children's Hospital, Mount Pleasant, cemetery, Victoria Square etc.

    The 1894 map includes a section of the 1850s edition on the reverse.

    The map links up with Tyneside Sheet 23 Gateshead South to the west, Tyneside Sheet 19 Gateshead East to the north, Durham Sheet 07.05 Gateshead Fell to the south and Durham Sheet 07.02 Heworth to the east.


  • Follow this link for a complete list of our North East maps.
  • You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.

    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North East, return to the North East page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 27 October 2016