Here are the details of maps for Gateshead Fell:
This very detailed map covers the Gateshead Fell area, south of Gateshead and east of Low Fell. The 'Old Durham Road', Sodhouse Bank runs through the map. Coverage stretches from St Albans church at Windy Nook southward to Mossheap Quarries and the disused Sheriff Hill Colliery. Stretches of the Team Colliery Wagonway and Ouston & Pelaw Wagonway are shown. Other features include Beacon Lough, Church Quarry, Windynook Quarries, Gateshead High Fell with St John's church, the eastern part of Kells Lane, Greenwell House, Heworth Windmill, White Hill, Black Hill. Old Upper Heworth Colliery is in the NE corner. Extracts from directories are included, together with portraits of Alexander Gillies and his niece Mrs Wicks, mayor and mayoress of Gateshead in 1902.
The map links up with Tyneside 24 Felling to the north, Co Durham 6.08 Low Fell to the west, 7.09 Wrekenton to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Gateshead maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North East, return to the North East page.The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org /2 July 2013