Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Moray
We have published just one map in Moray. It includes an introduction.
It is available through our On-line Mapshop
Moray was called Elginshire from 1890 to 1930.
See This Page for more information on the area's local government history.
We have published just the one map in Moray or Elginshire. Here are the details.
Sheet 7.16 Elgin 1904 - published 1990, introduction by Mike Seton
King David built a castle at Elgin in 1150 and in 1224 it became the site for a cathedral.
It developed into a seat of learning and the principal town in Moray; Defoe called it "a very agreeable place to live in". By 1911 the population had risen to
8,250, its growth helped by the railway - the railway station is prominent on this map. The ruins of the castle are just on the left side of the map and we
include part of the map to the north, to give coverage of the old cathedral and Bishopmill.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
They cost just £ 3.00 each. For a full list of Scottish maps, return to the Scotland page
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7PW. Tel 01207 583388
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 21 Nov 2016