Old Ordnance Survey Maps of West Sussex
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of the map for Haywards Heath:
Sussex Sheet 26.10 Haywards Heath 1896 - published 1995; intro by Judy Middleton. ISBN.978-0-85054-743-6
This detailed map shows the village of Haywards Heath, which developed into a town following the arrival of the railway
in 1841. Our map covers the area around and to the west of the station, with coverage stretching from Hazelgrove Road westward to Stafford House
and Broad Street, and from Paige's Wood southward to Great Haywards Wood. This was a select area, as is shown by the many large houses in extensive gardens,
with the Cattle Market by the station the only 'urban' feature. Other features include St Wilfrid's church, Paddockhall Road, Muster Green, Holy Cross Home orphanage,
Bolnore, Butler's Green, Burnthouse Farm, Hatchgate Farm. A small portion of Cuckfield around the Wheat Sheaf Inn is in the top left corner.
There are extracts from a contemporary directory on the reverse.
Note: Haywards Heath was formerly in East Sussex but was transferred to West Sussex in 1974.
Follow these links for complete lists of our West Sussex and East Sussex maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 1 December 2016