Here are the details of maps for Richmond and Easby:
We have published two maps for the historic Swaledale town of Richmond. These link up with each other to provide excellent coverage of the town.
Sheet 39.09 covers the northern part of Richmond. The map covers part of Market Place and includes Newbiggin, The Friary, Frenchgate, Hurgill Road, Wellington Place, St Mary's church, Gallowgate, Infantry Barracks, Queen's Road, Anchorage Hill, St Nicholas. Coverage extends eastward to High and Low Wath Cote and Scots Dike. On the reverse we include half of adjacent sheet 38.12 extending coverage west to include the Poor Law Institution, Reeth Road, Convent, Whitcliffe Paper Mills, cemetery, West Terrace, cattle market, Hurgill, High Gingerfield Lodge and the old race course.
Sheet 39.13 covers the southern part of the town. The map covers part of the Market Place and includes Town Hall, the great Castle, The Green, River Swale, Bargate, Sleegill, railway with station, Scots Dike. Coverage extends south to the Westwood Picture Theatre and east to the little village of Easby with the Abbey and St Agatha's church, Easby House, almshouses. On the reverse we include a commercial directory for Richmond in 1905.
Each map includes a specially written introduction to the history of the area.