Here are the details of maps for Sunderland (East):
This busy and highly detailed map covers the eastern part of Sunderland, around the 'old town' and the docks. It comprises two maps, sheet 8.15 and adjacent sheet 14.03, which extends coverage southward.
The main map covers the area around High Street and Town Moor, including the Market, Holy Trinity church, Woodbine Street, orphan asylum, Hendon Road Ropery, and many streets of terraced housing. Eastward of these are the docks, including Hendon Dock, Hudson Dock North and South, South Dock goods station, many coal staiths, Hendon Junction, Half Tide Basin, saw mills, Sea Lock, docks entrance with piers, many railway sidings. The map is within the historic Bishopwearmouth parish.
Alongside this we have sheet 14.03, extending coverage southward into Ryhope Within parish, as far south as Ocean Road. Most of this map is Hendon, and includes Gas Works, Hendon Paper Works, Blue House Athletic Grounds. The Londonderry Railway and the NER Sunderland & Hartlepool line (including the freight line from the docks) run through the map. We also include extracts from a 1906 street directory.
This map links up with Sheets 8.07 Roker Seafront to the north, 8.14 Central Sunderland and 14.02 Sunderland Southto the west; and 14.07 Ryhope Village to the south.