Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Wolverhampton
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are details of the map for SW Wolverhampton:
Staffs 62.10a Wolverhampton (SW) 1901 - published 1995; intro by John Boynton. ISBN.978-0-85054-744-3
Staffs 62.10b Wolverhampton (SW) 1914 - published 2021; intro by Barrie Trinder. ISBN.978-1-78721-437-8
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The maps cover the SW part of Wolverhampton, including part of the town centre and much of Merridale, Graiseley and Blakenhall Wards. Coverage extends from Snow Hill westward to Bradmore, and from Darlington Street southward to Copthorne Road.
Features include St John's church, RC Chapel, tramways, busy town centre area around and to west of Snow Hill, Agricultural Hall, St Joseph's Convent, Elgin Works, Royal Orphanage, St Luke's church Blakenhall, Niphon Works, schools,
Graiseley Old Hall, Goldthorn Terrace, The Oaks, Cemetery, Bradmore area, Dead Lad's Grave, Merridale House, Old Merridale Farm etc.
The map links up with Staffordshire sheets 62.06 Wolverhampton NW to the north,
62.09 Finchfield to the west, 62.11 Wolverhampton SE to the east and 62.14 Upper Penn to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Wolverhampton maps; or here for the
whole West Midlands series.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 30 June 2021