Here are the details of the map for Stirling:
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1860 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
The map covers the centre of Stirling with coverage extending westward to King's Park and St Thomas's Well, and from Douglas Street southward to Snowdon Place. Features include Castle, railway station with sidings etc, West church, Holy Trinity church, Albert Halls, Queen Mary's Palace, King's Park Farm, tramway, Auction Mart, town centre with individual buildings neatly delineated, Rockvale Mills, Burgh Muir Factory, schools, Race Course, etc.
On the reverse of the 1896 map we include a portion of adjacent sheet 17.04 extending coverage eastward to include Shore area, Abbey Mill, remains of Cambuskenneth Abbey, Forthbank Carpet Works, engine shed.
The map links up with sheets 10.15 Stirling North top the north and 17.07 St Ninians to the south.