Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Wigan MBC
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Leigh (S):
Lancs Sheet 102.07a Leigh (South) 1892 - published 2013; intro by Kay Parrott. ISBN.978-1-84784-654-9
Lancs Sheet 102.07b Leigh (South) 1905 - published 1996; intro by Nick Burton. ISBN.978-0-85054-852-5
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1892 version is coloured, taken from the beautiful OS handcoloured edition.
The maps cover the southern part of Leigh, with coverage extending from Bradshawgate southward to
Breaston Bridge, and eastward to Hall Houses. Features include Pennington Hall, Pennington Mill Bridge, Christ Church, Leeds & Liverpool Canal,
Albion Iron Works, Anchor Cable Works, Rose Mill, Welsh Hill Mill, football ground, Buck Fold, Hopecarr Hall, Bedford Hall, Butts, Hall Houses, Green Lane End,
Siddow Common, Bedford Square, St Thomas church, Stanley Mill, Alder Mill, Bedford New Mills, etc. We include some directory extracts on the reverse.
The map links up with sheets 102.03 Leigh North to the north.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Wigan or Bolton maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 4 March 2018