Here are the details of maps for Swinton:
This detailed map covers the Yorkshire town of Swinton, just north of Rotherham, that had developed largely because of the glass and bottling industry. In 1901 it had a population of 12,217 but was ill prepared with poor water and eletricity supply - our map shows many Pumps in the back yards. Most of the town is covered, including Station Street, William Street, Market Street, Bridge Street and surrounding streets and alleys and coverage extends west to Swinton Stables and part of the Old Training Ground. Features include St Margaret's church, Swinton House, Swinton Hall, Fitzwilliam Street, Bow Broom, a stretch of the Midland Railway with station, South Yorkshire Glass Works, Swinton Bridge, a stretch of the GCR railway with station and depot, the GCR Loop Line, Don Pottery, St Michael & All Angels church, River Don. A notable feature is the canal junction between the Dearne & Dove Canal and Mexborough New Cut, with locks. On the reverse we include a directory of Swinton in 1902 plus a small extract of an old Inch to the Mile map for the area.
This map links up with sheets 283.08 Manvers Main to the north, 284.09 Mexborough to the east and 283.16 Kilnhurst to the south.