Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Yorkshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Wath upon Dearne:

  • Yorkshire Sheet 283.07 Wath upon Dearne 1901 - published 1988; intro by Alex Fleming. ISBN.978-0-85054-205-9

    This detailed map covers the town of Wath upon Dearne, the village of West Melton, and the hamlets of Newhill, Gore Hill and Brampton. A short stretch of the GCR railway is shown, including Wath station. The Dearne & Dove Canal runs across the map. Features at Wath include All Saints church, Town Hall, Church Street, cemetery, Wath Brewery, Burlington House, High Street, and all houses individually shown. To the east is Gore Hill, with St James Mission Church, South Yorkshire Oil Soap Works, Green Ings. Eastward is West Melton, incl High Street, Old Hall Farm, streets around Melton Road and Winterwell Road. To the south is Newhill with Newhill Hall, Newhill Grange. On the reverse we include a portion of adjacent sheet 283.06 showing the rest of West Melton, including Christ Church, Melton Green, brick works, Firth Road, and extending to Brampton with Brampton Hall and Brampton House. Extracts from a directory of Wath are also included.


    This map links up with sheets 283.08 Manvers Main to the east.


    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Follow this link for a complete list of our Rotherham maps; or here for the whole Yorkshire series.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 20 Sept 2016