Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Yorkshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for High Green:

  • Yorkshire Sheet 282.15 High Green 1903 - published 1993; intro by Melvyn Jones. ISBN.978-0-85054-589-0

    This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers the village of High Green, a few miles north of Sheffield in Ecclesfield parish. Features in High Green include Angram Bank Farm, High Green House, and the outlying hamlets of Mortomley, Thompson Hill, Near Potter Hill and Far Potter Hill. The map extends NW to Hurst Green and south to Charltonbrook. Features at Mortomley include St Saviour's church and Mortomley Hall. Near the eastern edge of the map is Thorncliffe Iron Works and numerous old ironstone pits are marked. On the reverse we include part of adjacent sheet 282.16 extending coverage east to include Thorncliffe Colliery, Warren, Lane End, Chapeltown Iron Works and part of Chapeltown, incl St John's church. A section of the MR Thorncliffe High Level Ironstone Branch is included, also the Chapeltown Branch Extension through Tankersley Tunnel; the GCR Woodbourn Junction to Aldham Junction line is also included with Chapeltown station. Coverage extends east to the hamlet of White Lane.


    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Follow this link for a complete list of our Sheffield maps; or here for the whole Yorkshire series.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 20 Sept 2016