Here are the details of maps for Hull (Hessle Road):
We have published 2 versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1890 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful handcoloured 1st Edition OS map.
The maps cover the southern area of Hull along Hessle Road and including several of the docks. Coverage stretches from Hawthorn Avenue eastward to the Albert Dock Basin, and from Woodcock Street southward to the Humber. Vast numbers of tiny, close-knit terraces are a major feature of the map, each house (many of which were bombed in the war) neatly delineated. Features include Holy Trinity Burial Ground, tramways and depot, St Andrew's Dock, William Wright Dock incl graving dock, Albert Dock, Neptune Street station, many warehouses and sidings with full track layout given, St James church, Billingsgate goods station, Subway Junction, St Barnabas church, wagon works, etc. Adjacent sheet 240.07 is included as an inset. On the reverse we include selections of directory entries, that for the 1890 map including the St Andrew's Dock entry.
The map links up with Sheets 240.02 Hull (West) to the north.