Here are the details of maps for Morley:
We have published two versions of this map, shopwing how Morley changed across the year. The 1891 version is in colour, taken from the lovely 1st Edition hand-coloured map. The maps are very detailed and give good coverage of the town, extending from the GNR station northward to St Peter's church, and from Bruntcliffe Road eastward to Wide Lane and Well Hill.
Features on the 1891 map include Morley Main Collieries, Victoria Colliery Bruntcliffe, Great Northern pit, Dartmouth Park, Morley Cemetery, Bruntcliffe Mills, Lewisham Villa, St Andrew's church, GNR Gildersome Branch with Morley station and branch to Victoria Colliery, town centre with individual buildings all neatly shown, numerous chapels, Congregational Chapel, St Peter's church (at top of map), St Paul's church, Rods Mills, Peel Mills, Perseverance Mill, Queen Mills, Brunswick Mill, Low Town End area, LNWR railway with station, Morley Hole, New Brighton area, Town End area, Prospect Mills, Quarry Mills, Morley Hall, Morley House, Daisy Hill, Gillroyd (at east of map), Morley Gas Works, Crank Mills etc. The map includes extracts from an 1889 directory.
The 1906 version covers the same area at a later stage. By this time the Town Hall had been built.
The map links up with sheet 232.03 Gildersome Street to the west, 232.08 Morley South to the south.