Here are the details of maps for Pudsey:
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1890 version is in full colour.
The maps cover much of Pudsey, just west of Leeds; they also extend west to Delph End and Upper Moor, and south to the Moravian settlement of Fulneck. Other areas or hamlets noted on the map include Windmill Hill, Chapeltown, Greenside, Little Moor, Bankhouse and Bankhouse Bottom. The GNR Pudsey & Low Moor Branch runs through the map (it terminates here on the 1889 version), partly in tunnel, with Greenside station. Coverage stretches north to Church Lane and Crawshaw Hill, east to Littlemoor Road. Features include Pudsey Park, Littlemoor Hall, Hillthorpe, New Street Mills, St Lawrence's church, Round Hill, Waterloo Mills, Upper Moor Quarries, Gibraltar Mill, Smalewell Mill, Black Carr, Black Hey, Wild Grove. The Moravian village of Fulneck, in the SE corner of the map, will be of especial interest and, as Gordon Dickinson writes, "is still one of West Yorkshire's hidden architectural delights". We include various directories extracts on the reverse of each map.
The map links up with sheet 217.05 Bradford East to the west, 217.02 Stanningley to the north, 217.10 Tong to the south and 217.07 Pudsey East to the east.