Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Bradford
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Guiseley:
Yorkshire Sheet 187.13 Guiseley 1906 - published 2002; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84151-459-8
This detailed map covers the town of Guiseley (or Guisley), a few miles north of Leeds, later famous for the fish and chip shop opened
by Harry Ramsden in 1928, soon followed by a restaurant which would be visited from miles around. Our map covers most of the town, really a large village, including Town Hall, Nunroyd Mills (bottom right corner),
station, Greenbottom Dye Works, St Oswald's church, Cuddy Hill, Netherfield Mill, Town Street, The Green, Nether Moor Boot Factory, Ings Mill, White Cross Hotel. Part of the Menston Lunatic Asylum
is in the top left corner. On the reverse we include an 1889 directory of Guiseley plus a Leeds/Bradford-Ilkley/Otley railway timetable for 1916.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Bradford maps; or here for the
whole Yorkshire series.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 15 November 2017