Here are the details of maps for Thirsk and Sowerby:
We have published two maps for Thirsk. These link up with each other to provide excellent coverage of the town.
Sheet 87.11 covers the centre and north of this narket town in great detail. Features include Market Place, auction mart, New Thirsk, site of castle, Kirkgate, Finkle Street, St Mary Magdalene church, Norby, Thirsk Hall, Millgate, Mill Bridge, New Bridge, St James's Green, Little Green, Long Street, Old Thirsk, Spa House, Barbeck Bridge, Workhouse, most of race course. Coverage extends west to Thirsk Lodge. On the reverse we include a commercial directory of Thirsk in 1905.
Sheet 87.15 covers the southern part of Thirsk, including West House, maltkilns, Court House, with a good stretch of the NER Town Branch railway with station (by 1910 a goods station). A short stretch of the NER main line is shown at the west of the map with engine shed (but not station). The main feature of this map is the village of Sowerby, including Sowerby Grange, St Oswald's church, Sowerby House, with coverage extending south to Worlds End pub and Town End Bridge. On the reverse we include a directory of Sowerby plus further directory information about Thirsk.
Each map includes a specially written introduction to the history of the area.