We have published a pair of maps for Evesham. These link up with each other to provide excellent coverage of the town.
Sheet 42.15 covers the northern part of Evesham, with coverage extending northward to Green Hill and Twyford House, westward to Rawlings Farm. Features include GWR and MR railways with both Evesham stations, engine shed, Smithfield Market, cottage hospital, saw mill, River Avon, many orchards and allotments used as orchards, Grammar School, Abbey Manor Farm, site of Battle of Evesham (though probably not precise site), Hampton Parks Farm, etc. On the reverse we include the commercial entries from an 1896 directrory.
Sheet 49.03 covers the central and southern part of Evesham, with coverage extending across the River Avon to include Great Hampton and Little Hampton. The map is double-sided for maximum coverage and includes much of Bengeworth. The main map covers the centre of the town from Central Market and Swan Lane southward. Features include All Saints church, St Lawrence's church, Avondale Mills, Bengeworth Bridge, Merstow Green, Town Hall, Vine Street, Abbey Gardens, The Workman Gardens, Owlett's End, Little Hampton, Great Hampton, many orchards and allotments used as orchards, Evesham Workhouse, Hampton Manor, Eastwick, Fairfield, Midland Railway with Bengeworth station, No Gains Farm, St Andrew's church. On the reverse we include part of adjacent map 49.04 extending coverage eastward to include more of Bengeworth, where features include St Peter's church, old church site, brick works, cemetery etc. A list of private residents from an 1896 directory is also included.
Each map includes a specially written introduction to the history of the area.