Here are the details of maps for Langley Green:
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. Despite the differences in sheet number and title, they cover the same area. Note that the map has sections of both Staffordshire and Worcestershire. We are now standardising on the Staffordshire sheet numbers for this area.
The maps include Langley, Langley Green, Tat Bank, Rood End and Londonderry. The Worcestershire area forms part of Oldbury Urban District. Coverage stretches from Park Lane eastward to Smethwick Hall, and from Cemetery Road southward to Causeway Green Road.
Features include the Chemical Works of Albright & Wilson and Chance & Hunt; Holy Trinity church, St Michael's church, Crosswells Brewery, Titford Canal and Titford Feeder, Moat Farm, Langley Park, West Smethwick Park, smallpox hospital, Smethwick Hall, GWR railway with Langley Green station and part of Oldbury Branch, Dogkennel Lane area, Londonderry Road area etc. On the reverse we include some extracts from the Langley entry in an 1896 directory.
The map links up with Worcestershire sheet 5.01 Whiteheath Gate to the west, and Staffordshire sheets 68.14 Oldbury to the north, 72.03 Smethwick to the east and 72.06 Warley to the south.