Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Westmorland
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Appleby:
Westmorland Sheet 15.03 Appleby 1911 - published 1992; intro by Nick Burton. ISBN.978-0-85054-480-0
This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers the southern part of the town, with coverage extending from Boroughgate southward to Slosh and the Crown & Falcon Inn. Features include St Michael's church, Parkinhill,
Castle and Caesar's Tower, Bongate Hall, River Eden, stretches of NER and Midland railways, Bongate Cross.
On the reverse we include a large part of adjacent sheet 9.15 extending coverage northward, and this includes the northern part of the town, including St Lawrence's church, Moot Hall, Assize Court, Auction Mart, The Friary, both railway stations, Belgravia, Gallows Hill, Fair Hill, Hangingshaw, Grammar School, Battlebarrow House, etc.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Westmorland Series maps or for all our Cumbria maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 9 January 2018