Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Shropshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Much Wenlock:

  • Shropshire Sheet 50.08 Much Wenlock 1925 - published Nov 2005; intro by Barrie Trinder. ISBN.978-1-84151-844-2

    This detailed map covers the little town of Much Wenlock, until the 1960s the largest (in area) non-county borough in England, and home in the mid 19th century to the Wenlock Olympian Society. Barrie Trinder tells us all about that in his notes. The sheetlines are awkward and so the map is double-sided to provide good coverage. The main map covers the northern part of the town, coverage extending northward to Shadwell Rock quarry, Downs Mill and Forester Cottage Hospital. Features include the station on the GWR branch, St Milburga's Priory, High Street, Holy Trinity church. On the reverse we include much of adjacent sheet 50.12 to extend coverage southward, and features here include the south of the town, race course, The Bank, The Causeway.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Shropshire or Telford maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk /18 October 2016