Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Birmingham

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Erdington (West):

  • Warwickshire Sheet 8.10 Erdington (West) & Stockland Green 1913 - published 2002; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84151-410-9

    This detailed map covers the western part of Erdington, with coverage stretching Newman Road and Trafalgar Road westward to Upper Witton, and from Gravelly Hill station northward to Station Road and Short Heath Road. Features include the LNWR railway with Gravelly Hill and Erdington stations, tramway along Gravelly Hill North and High Street, Jaffray Hospital, St John's Home, Six Ways, St Barnabas church, Erdington Reservoir, Birmingham Union Workhouse, Cottage Homes, Stockland Green area, tramway along Slade Road, Brookvale Park, Witton Hall, Hare & Hounds pub, part of Upper Witton Reservoir. On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries, including Fentham Road, George Road, Gravelly Hill, Gravelly Lane, Erdington High Street, Hunton Road, Slade Road, Summer Road, Wood End Road.

    The map links up with sheet 8.11 Erdington East to the east and with 8.14 Gravelly Hill to the south; and with Staffordshire sheet 69.09 Perry Bar to the west.


    For a full list of maps of Warwickshire, please go to the Birmingham page or (for areas outside Birmingham) to the Warwickshire page.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 30 March 2011