Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Dudley & Staffordshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Wordsley:
Staffordshire Sheet 71.05 Wordsley 1901 - published 1998; intro by Stan Hill. ISBN.978-0-85054-994-2
This detailed map covers much of Wordsley, at the edge of the Black Country. Coverage extends from Holy Trinity church westward to Lawns Wood and the Kidderminster-Wolverhampton road
The map is a semi-rural one and the main features are at Wordsley, where they include Holy Trinity church, Wordsley House, Wordsley Flint Glass Works, Woodfield House, disused glass works, rectory, The Green, Bellevue area, Old Tack Farm. A section of the Stourbridge Canal is shown, including The Junction, and disused Dial Iron Works and Audnam Foundry.
The map links up with Staffordshire sheets 71.01 Kingswinford to the north, 71.06 Brierley Hill West to the east and Worcestershire sheet 4.10 Stourbridge North to the south.
For a full list of maps of Sandwell and Dudley go to the Sandwell page.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 25 October 2017