Here are the details of maps for Dudley (W):
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1881 version is coloured, taken nbfrom nthe beautiful OS 1st Ediytion handocloured map.
The maps cover the western part of Dudley town, including the Old Dock area, and coverage extends westward to the Old Park area, southward to Scotts Green and Blowers Green. Other districts mentioned include Thornleigh Collieries, Springs Mire, New Dock, Sunnyside. The area is split between Staffordshire and Worcestershire, and doubles as Worcs sheet 1.15.
Features include tramways, short stretch of GWR OWW line, several mineral railways, Yorkspark Colliery (disused), Thornleigh Works, old mine shafts, public baths, St Luke's church, schools, Russell's Hall, Himley Colliery, Graveyard Farm, Parkhead Colliery (disused), St Augustine's church, expanses of old industrial sites and coalfield, etc.
The map links up with sheets 67.11 Gornal to the north, 67.14 Shut End to the west, 67.16 Dudley to the east, 71.03 Round Oak to the south.
For a full list of maps of Sandwell & Dudley go to the Sandwell page
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / firstname.lastname@example.org / 1 March 2013